Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Planning a wedding in Vermont via Florida via Alaska

I am currently in Alaska researching climate change for the summer. I have been here since May 7th and feel very far removed not only from my FI and running water and civilization, but from wedding planning. I want to check things off my to do list, but it is hard to get anything done from far away. For example, craft projects are out because there is no Michaels within 2 hours of me and this two-room cabin doesn't provide enough work space (especially considering I am sharing it with anywhere from two to four other researchers).

Luckily, we have internet. After a month and a half of wedding planning inertia, I have managed to get a lot done. Most of it involved internet shopping, and I hope I wasn't too hasty in my decisions. I was able to order my rehearsal dinner dress during that amazing Nicole Miller sale that Bluefly had a couple weeks ago and a potential pair of wedding day shoes. The rehearsal dress was delivered here and I have been able to try it on--it fits but without a full length mirror I have no idea how it looks. The shoes were delivered to my house in Florida and I eagerly await trying them on when I get home. Thank goodness for free 365 day returns if they don't work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment